Yesterday I finally received a part for the dish washer that I had been waiting for, and this morning I installed it. And then it was time to power it up, and lo and behold, it didn't work!
Well, the power turned on, and it started doing things, but the display on the dishwasher kept telling me to close the hood, it IS closed, stupid machine.
I was frustrated, and already had visions of shedding over several hundreds of dollars to have a technician look at it, but I kept my cool. In a commercial dishwasher (at least the ones I've seen so far) the open / closed status of the hood is indicated by a magnetic switch.
So I located the magnet and switch, and didn't you know, the switch wasn't mounted properly, which kept the magnet from triggering it. That's an easy one.
Fix it, try again, and ... Eureka!!! Within ten minutes we had done all our dishes, plus additional plates, and glasses, which we had wanted to wash for a while now.
The whole dishwasher thingy kept me busy the entire morning (though I had hoped to get it done quicker), and so I got a late start on what I had meant to focus on for the day, finishing the plastering in the ADA bathroom, which I did, but I didn't have time to clean up, and reinstall all the lights.
Today was the day to say goodbye to a piece of equipment, a 3-phase electric garland range. We had acquired it from a BOCES school on Long Island, at a time when copper prices were through the roof, and it would have cost us substantially more to connect it than we had bough it for.
After having stood around for a long time we had recently listed it on eBay, and today it was picked up.