In order to receive our certificate of occupancy (which we need for our liquor license) we need to have all holes larger than two inches in diameter closed. Two weeks ago I fixed the holes in the bar, and today I started in the Stube (our private dining room). I was hopeful I'd get it all done today, but I had forgotten how many holes there are (when we acquired Gunk Haus, there were two bathrooms in this room, one of which - the ladies bathroom - featured a double seater, i.e. two toilets next to each other, without any dividing walls; you don't see that too often anymore).
Anyhow, here's a picture of some of the carnage. The hole in the lower left hand corner must have been the result of a constant drip of some liquid (it almost felt like from the movie Alien, because the drip had also eaten away the wood floor and a sturdy beam straight underneath in the basement).
You know the drill: You cut out the bad parts, provide some support underneath, and put some good boards in place.
E! was preparing to stain the little section of oak flooring I had recently installed, which will happen tomorrow (thanks Jerry for your help with mixing the stain to match the existing floor).