More than a year ago we had our water tested. As we are on a well, and for being a restaurant, our water is considered public water supply. The contents of the water decide how we can treat the water. We need to treat the water regardless, but as I mentioned before we'd rather use UV light to kill (potential) bacteria in the water than chlorine.
Because we have a new well, we took another water sample today and dropped it off at our favorite lab for testing. Unfortunately we won't know all the results before two weeks or so. More unfortunate is that the water test results tie into the approval of the septic system (the health department wants everything together in one package, even if things aren't related). Of course we would like to know as soon as possible if our septic system plans are approved, so that we can send them out for bids. I guess we'll just have to wait.